We’re currently monitoring the situation with the outbreak of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) across the UK and keeping up to date with the advice issued by UK Government and other relevant authorities.
Important COVID-19 Update 17 March 2020
To help keep young people and leaders safe we would encourage groups to share and adhere to the following advice:
- stay at home for 7 days if you have either a high temperature or a new, continuous cough. You should not go to a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital, and you do not need to contact 111 to tell them you’re staying at home.
- carry and use tissues to catch coughs/sneezes, bin the tissue and wash hands.
- regularly wash hands with soap and water (for 20 seconds) or use alcohol-based sanitiser gel to kill germs.
- avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
There is presently no advice to suggest that CLCGB meetings or events should be cancelled.
Although to give clarity, where educational establishments (i.e. schools/colleges) are closed due to the Coronavirus outbreak in the catchment of your local CLCGB Company or where the government closes educational establishments either nationally or in specific parts of the country, all CLCGB activities in the respective areas should be cancelled, including all weekly meetings and other activities/events for the period defined.
Leaders are encouraged to keep plans for events and activities due to take place over the next few months under review, including being aware of contractual/financial obligations and the options available should events/activities have to be postponed or cancelled.
Please check UK Government advice at gov.uk for the most up-to-date information and follow any additional advice issued by your local authority. UK Government guidance for educational settings is relevant for our meetings and events.
Click here to download a poster which could be displayed at the entrance to your meeting place.
We’ll be updating this page as we receive new and relevant information.
If you have any questions or become aware of a Coronavirus case in your Company or are concerned as to whether you should be meeting or holding an event, please contact CLCGB Headquarters by email at email@example.com or by telephone on 01709 876535.