The Church Lads and Church Girls Brigade (CLCGB) fully accepts its legal and moral obligation under The Children’s Act (1989) and (2004), to provide a duty of care to protect all children and safeguard their welfare, irrespective of age, sex, disability, race, parental or marital status, pregnancy, religion or belief, creed, sexual orientation and gender reassignment.
A child/young person is defined as a person under the age of 18 (the Children’s Act 1989).
The aims of the CLCGB Safeguarding Policy are:
- To ensure robust safeguarding arrangements and procedures are in operation to provide children and young people with appropriate safety and protection whilst at CLCGB, allowing them to participate in a fun, safe environment and in an atmosphere of fair play.
- To take all reasonable, practical steps to protect children from harm, discrimination and degrading treatment and respect
their rights, wishes and feelings.
- To ensure everyone understands their roles and responsibilities in respect of safeguarding and are provided with
appropriate learning opportunities to recognise, identify and respond to signs of abuse, neglect and other safeguarding
concerns relating to children and young people.
- To ensure appropriate action is taken in the event of incidents/concerns of abuse and support provided to the
individual/s who raise or disclose the concern. All concerns or allegations of poor practise or abuse are taken seriously and responded to swiftly and appropriately. It is the responsibility of safeguarding experts to determine whether or not abuse has taken place but it is everyone’s responsibility to report it.
- To ensure that confidential, detailed and accurate records of all safeguarding concerns are maintained and securely
- To maintain high standards of behaviours and good practise through compliance with CLCGB codes of conduct produced for Officers, Warrant Officers, Junior leaders, helpers, parents/guardians, members over 18 and volunteers working alongside CLCGB. The policy and procedures are mandatory for everyone involved with CLCGB. Failure to comply with the policy and procedures will be addressed without delay and may ultimately result in dismissal/exclusion from the CLCGB.
The policy will be reviewed every three years, or in the following circumstances:
- Changes in legislation and/or government guidance
- As required by any Local Safeguarding Children Board, or Brigade Council
- As required following any enquiry involving a Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO)
- As a result of any other significant change or event.