Guardians of Ancora teams up with YouVersion for Family Bible Week
Beginning Sunday 8 May, YouVersion launches Family Bible Week an annual celebration to help families grow together through God’s Word.
As part of Family Bible Week Guardians of Ancora will be featuring as a Bible reading plan with daily devotionals based around the Bible quests in the game.
Join us every day from Sunday 8 May for a daily thought, reading, videos, music, audio stories and more. The devotionals will be available via the bible.com website or the YouVersion Bible app.
To ensure that you're ready for the Guardians of Ancora devotionals available as part of Family Bible Week, bookmark the bible.com plans page.
Start using the plan now click here Start using the plan
We have recently published a training matrix to assist our members, young leaders, officers and volunteers in showing what training is required for each rank in the CLCGB. To view a copy of the training matrix click on the following link (which will take you through to the CLCGB training website) http://youthtraining.org.uk/moodle22/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=7
Nominations are now open to be put forward from the youth sector for the UK National Honours. There are two lists published every year at New Year and again in mid-June on the date of the Queen’s official birthday.
As you know, the honours process provides a great opportunity to recognise outstanding individual acheivements and highlight the contribution of the youth sector as a whole. We know that there are many people in the sector making a significant and sustained positive impact on the lives of young people, and we need your help to identiy these important individual within the CLCGB.
We are sure there are many people who would be worthy of an award. As this year we will be celebrating our 125 Anniversary it would be fantastic if we had several of our Officers, Members, and Volunteers receiving these award.
To find out more and to download the form click on this link: pdf UK National Honours (84 KB)
The #iwill campaign vision is to make social action the norm among 10-20 year-olds, whatever their background.
The CLCGB has signed up to this campaign to show our support to making social action the norm across all of our companies.
The campaign is about:
1. Promoting the value of youth social action.
2. Youth social action is ‘young people taking practical action in the service of others to create positive change’.
3. Youth social action creates a double-benefit, strengthening communities AND developing the character and skills of young participants.
4. #iwill is for ALL young people, wherever they live and whatever their background.
5. #iwill is independent, cross-party, cross-sector and collaborative.
6. The #iwill vision is that by 2020, taking part in social action is the norm for all 10-20 year-olds.
7. The #iwill call to action is for more organisations to promote youth social action and create fresh opportunities. Additional messages:
8. The campaign aims to improve the quality, quantity and frequency of youth social action.
9. It will break down barriers to engagement in social action such as a lack of adult volunteers or opportunities.
10. Youth social action helps build character and citizenship. It also improves employability and enhances well-being.
11. #iwill was launched in November 2013 by HRH The Prince of Wales and the UK's three main political parties.
12. #iwill is coordinated by Step Up To Serve, a charity established to coordinate the campaign.
To find out more click on the following link: www.iwill.org.uk