CLCGB Calendar

CLCGB Calendar
2012-02-01 09:00: Item Title of Your event
: 2012-02-30 20:58

COVID 19 - DofE update

font size

Dear DofE Managers, Leaders, Co-ordinators and Administrators,

As you know, a number of coronavirus (COVID-19) cases have now been found in the UK. You may have some concerns about how the outbreak might affect your participants’ DofE programmes and any planned activities.

The health of everyone involved with the DofE is of primary importance to us, and we are closely monitoring government advice as the situation evolves.

This advice does not currently indicate that expeditions, residentials or other individual or group activities should be cancelled or postponed.

However, the Licensed Organisation (LO) or Approved Activity Provider (AAP) for which you work or volunteer will have its own policy and procedures governing its response to the coronavirus outbreak. Please make sure you are aware of this policy and follow it in your delivery of the DofE.

We also encourage you, your colleagues and your participants to follow the current government guidance, as well as NHS advice on how to protect yourself and others and when to seek medical help.

We will continue to monitor government advice, and will be in touch again should the situation change.

If the government moves from the containment stage to a significant period of “social distancing”, such as school closures and the banning of public gatherings, we will of course review our programme requirements and consider temporary modifications to minimise the impact on participants’ ability to continue and complete their programme.

Thank you as always for everything you do to support young people to do their DofE.

Homepgae Advert