Accepted equivilent first aid qualifications
Accepted equivalent first aid qualifications
If any of the following qualifications are held, the 1st Response award is not required.
Please note, for a first aid qualification to be considered acceptable it must be six hours or longer and include training for both adult and child CPR.
After one of these qualifications has expired, 1st Response can be gained for a further three years by attending a 1st Response Refresher course.
- Any Health and Safety Executive (HSE) recognised First Aid at Work qualification.
St John Ambulance
- St John Ambulance Essential and Basic First Aid (note: only this combined course is accepted, rather than Essential or Basic on its own)
- St John Ambulance Activity First Aid
- St John Ambulance Sports First Aid
- St John Ambulance First Aid at Work
- St John Ambulance Emergency First Aid at Work
British Red Cross
- British Red Cross General First Aid Certificate
- British Red Cross Practical First Aid Certificate
- British Red Cross First Aid at Work
- British Red Cross Emergency First Aid at Work
- British Red Cross First Aid for Appointed Person
St Andrew's First Aid
- St Andrew’s First Aid at Work
- St Andrew’s Emergency First Aid at Work
- St Andrew’s Family First Aid
British Association of Ski Patrollers
- British Association of Ski Patrollers Outdoor Emergency First Aid
- British Association of Ski Patrollers Standard or Advanced First Aid
- British Association of Ski Patrollers Emergency Medical Technician
Royal Yachting Association
- Royal Yachting Association First Aid Certificate
British Canoe Union
- British Canoe Union Aquatic First Aid (Level 1 or 2)
- British Canoe Union Canoe Lifeguard
Royal Life Saving Society
- Royal Life Saving Society National Pool Lifeguard Qualification (NPLQ)
- Royal Life Saving Society National Beach Lifeguard Qualification (NBLQ)
- Royal Life Saving Society Life Support
- Royal Life Saving Society Life Support 3
Rescue Emergency Care
- Rescue Emergency Care (REC) Emergency First Aid
- Rescue Emergency Care (REC) Advanced First Aid
- Rescue Emergency Care (REC) Mountain First Aid
This is not a definitive list of equivalent qualifications. If you have undertaken First Aid training of more than six hours which covers all aspects of the 1st Response course, your qualification will fulfil the requirements.