FANFARE WORLD RECORD ATTEMPT 2018
Thurrock Marching Brass in conjunction with Marching Band Activity United Kingdom is proud to confirm that they be organising a World Record for the longest fanfare line in History during 2018.
For this attempt we have teamed up with the British Youth Band Association who has graciously allowed us to perform the attempt at their prestigious National Championships in October 2018. This will be held in Worcester on either Saturday 6 or Sunday 7 October, which will be confirmed once fixture lists have been released in July 2018.
The National Band will now be holding a bugle school on our training weekends. Beginners are welcome and we have a limited amount of bugles for those that do not have access to one.
So, if you are in JTC or SC and would like to come and have a try, our next weekend is 16-18 February 2018 at Raywell Park Scout Centre, cost £30.00 for the weekend including, accommodation, food and tuition - you will be made very welcome. Those, that in time, reach the required standard, will be offered a place in the newly re-formed National Band Bugle Section.
Prayer Letter January 2018
A very Happy New Year to all of our prayer supporters! This is our prayer for you for 2018;
"I pray that out of the riches of His glory, He may strengthen you with power through His Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to comprehend the length and width and height and depth of His love, and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God." Ephesians 3:16-19
- As we embark on a New Year we take time to thank God for all he has done in the CLCGB in 2017 and for how he has been with us and guided us. We pray that 2018 would be a year that would see many children going deeper in their relationship with God and many coming to know him for the first time. We pray that we would remember to always keep Jesus in the centre of our plans and that he would not let us run ahead of Him but would go before us.
- As our Young Leaders from the 1st and 3rd battalion area complete their training course this month with a social outing please join with us in thanking God for these young people coming up through the organisation with a desire to serve him. We pray that they would continue to grow in their relationship with him and that he would continue to equip them for their company roles.
- As our Regimental Staff and Battalion Staff meet in various areas this month we pray for wisdom in their decisions and guidance for their plans.
- Please pray for Drogheda company who have had a fantastic start to their new company but are at times struggling for enough leaders, we pray that God would bring forward some help for them and that he would encourage and strengthen the existing leaders who are working so hard.
- Please pray for our Deputy Commanding Officer and First Aid Officer John Williams and his wife Lynn. Lynn has not been well over Christmas and your prayers would be appreciated. Please pray for me as I carry out school assemblies throughout Northern Ireland this month, pray that God would use me and that we would see lots of new members joining our groups as a result of these assemblies.
Thank you for your continued prayers for the CLCGB
If you have any prayer points which you would like to be included in next months prayer letter please email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org To download a copy to keep with you click the following link: pdf Prayer Letter January 2018 (462 KB)
After a year full of adventure, fun and hard work, we hope you have a well-deserved rest over the Christmas season.
Thank you for the time, energy and support you give to the CLCGB and for the joy you spread not only at Christmas but throughout the year, as you touch the lives of others in the work you do.
National Headquarters would like to send a special greeting filled with gratitude and wish you every joy of the season all the best for a wonderful and exciting 2018 and a BIG Thank you for volunteering!
Audrey Simm, Zoe Palmer, Helen Altree, Perry Gunn, Victoria Jackson, Jason Greenwood, Angela Palmer x x x x