The #iwill campaign vision is to make social action the norm among 10-20 year-olds, whatever their background.
The CLCGB has signed up to this campaign to show our support to making social action the norm across all of our companies.
The campaign is about:
1. Promoting the value of youth social action.
2. Youth social action is ‘young people taking practical action in the service of others to create positive change’.
3. Youth social action creates a double-benefit, strengthening communities AND developing the character and skills of young participants.
4. #iwill is for ALL young people, wherever they live and whatever their background.
5. #iwill is independent, cross-party, cross-sector and collaborative.
6. The #iwill vision is that by 2020, taking part in social action is the norm for all 10-20 year-olds.
7. The #iwill call to action is for more organisations to promote youth social action and create fresh opportunities. Additional messages:
8. The campaign aims to improve the quality, quantity and frequency of youth social action.
9. It will break down barriers to engagement in social action such as a lack of adult volunteers or opportunities.
10. Youth social action helps build character and citizenship. It also improves employability and enhances well-being.
11. #iwill was launched in November 2013 by HRH The Prince of Wales and the UK's three main political parties.
12. #iwill is coordinated by Step Up To Serve, a charity established to coordinate the campaign.
To find out more click on the following link: www.iwill.org.uk